Based in Brussels, Belgium
26 February, 2014
Run, jump and slide to the rhythm of your own music library!
In Melody's Escape, advanced audio detection algorithms transcribe the energy that you feel when listening to music into a synchronized gameplay experience, with a captivating and dynamic obstacle course. The game will adapt in real-time to the intensity of your music and change the movement mode accordingly, from walking during very calm parts up to all-out flying when your music explodes!
Your goal is the help Melody avoid obstacles and collect floating light orbs, all of which are synced to the beats of your music of choice thanks to very accurate beat detection. With the 3 available difficulty modes, you can choose whether to have a relaxing experience or a very intense one.
- Use your own music library: The gameplay of Melody's Escape is completely powered by your music of choice (MP3, OGG, WMA, FLAC, iTunes® (AAC) and more!)
- Works with all music genres and styles: Whether you're a big fan of EDM, K-Pop, alternative, acoustic sessions or classical music, the game will always adapt to the song's energy and rhythm to provide you with a dynamic experience, and will keep you engaged even when your music is calm.
- Each action is synced to your music: Every required input is synchronized to your music, allowing you to completely immerse and focus on the experience!
- Very accurate and fast music analysis: Melody's Escape features extremely accurate beat-matching algorithms and is optimized to analyse a song in its entirety within a few seconds.
- Slide on vocals and long notes: There is a strong focus on long vocals and held notes in the game, giving you the opportunity to slide alongside them, intensifying the experience of the most powerful parts of your music.
- Mod support: Customize the appearance of the game to your liking with custom skins, dynamic hair-styles and color palettes!
Melody's Escape - Gameplay Trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
- "Best music game I've seen on Steam."
- Axel AkitakaTsuya, @AkitakaTsuya
- "Melody’s Escape does match guitar slides with railing slides and gets the rhythmic beats spot-on."
- Chris Priestman, IndieStatik
Icetesy is the one-man indie gamedev company of Loïc Dansart, from Belgium.
More information on Icetesy, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Melody's Escape Credits
Game Design, Code, Art